I have submitted the following hint to http://www.macosxhints.com/.
Feel free to test/comment…
Safari compatibility with .zem and ‘Edit with external application’ features of Plone/Zope
For .zem files, sometimes offered by Plone content management systems, to be treated as safe by Safari and similar applications, you may add three strings to your DownloadAssessment preferences.
1) in Terminal,
plutil -convert xml1 ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.DownloadAssessment.plist
2) in Terminal,
3) include the three strings shown in the example at http://pastebin.ca/792460 then save and close the plist
4) get ZopeEditManager from the Urbanape software area
5) ZopeEditManager menu | Preferences… | Helper Apps
- you may wish to add helpers such as
application/msword | NeoOffice | .doc
6) quit then re-launch Safari.