The Aqua port of OpenOffice.org, which does not require X11, has made surprising progress.
A few days ago I was pleasantly amazed to stumble across a disk image with an experimental version that was way ahead of anything I expected so soon after Sun’s 3rd May announcement.
A torrent will be seeded, I plan to be amongst the first to join.
I gather that the torrent will not appear at any of the following:
— instead, the torrents will have their own pages.
- AquaBuild at OpenOffice.org wiki
- AquaToDo at OpenOffice.org wiki
- Mac OS X Port meeting logs
- OpenOffice.org Mac OS X Delivery Schedule – Aqua
- User:Ericb/Top10 of Issues at OpenOffice.org wiki
I remain an everyday user of NeoOffice.
For what it’s worth: my number one wish for NeoOffice.org and/or OpenOffice.org is to enable sound and vision — primarily for Impress.
(Microsoft’s ideas of video compatibility, and the failures of OLE and PowerPoint packaging, are utterly bonkers.)