The other day I wrote:
This stuff looks really good … Groupcal and AddressX, will give them ago. (I recall glancing at the products, but not trying them, a long time ago… I wonder why I lost interest at that time?)
Now, I remember:
- for applications such as Address Book, AddressX, Entourage, Groupcal and Mail to treat our off-LAN Exchange 2003 server as an Exchange server, we must first connect via VPN
- even with the VPN, server-client interactions are not as rich as we’d like.
- Entourage reckons it will automatically determine Exchange account settings, but it does not
- Entourage can be configured manually, but still it has trouble with Exchange’s Global Address List (GAL)
- Exchange GAL won’t synchronise with Apple Address Book
- neitherAddressX nor Groupcal work with our Exchange service.
Back to the drawing board…